"Smile. It's the first thing everybody likes about you."

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Home for Christmas

I didn't blog as much during my first semester in Grenada as I thought I would, but here I am now, back in Atlanta -- Home SWEET Home. Being home for the holidays has never felt SO GOOD!

To really re-cap my first semester in Grenada, I can honestly say it was an emotional roller coaster. I definitely experienced some high, motivational, uplifting emotions with happiness... but then there were also some times where I really just felt like I had hit rock bottom. My mood was depressed and my self-esteem was dropped several notches. In the end though, my last day on the island was one of the happiest days of my life. I met the requirement for the Charter Foundations Program and I passed the PMSCE. I made it!

Throughout the entire semester I couldn't wait to come back home, but oddly enough, just leaving the island after my first semester felt really bittersweet. I've gotten used to the island, my new way of life for the next two years, and I've met some pretty awesome people. At first I thought I'd just come down here to get the M.D. and come back, but now I think I'll bring back more than just the degree. I'm gonna be meeting a lot more people, making new friendships, and  hey, this is pretty much a once in a life time experience. I never did get to study abroad during my undergrad years; I'll consider this it!

All in all, I can get used to the island, but NOTHING beats out USA. I was smiling ear to ear when my flight landed at Hartsfield Airport. USA > Grenada, any day. This is going to be an awesome break.

0 comments: