"Smile. It's the first thing everybody likes about you."

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Jillian Michaels does yoga now!

I love yoga! The first time I ever did yoga was 3-4 years ago maybe? It was at Bikram Yoga (I think that was the name) and it was hot yoga. We stretched for about an hour in a 114 degree room. I remember that felt really good, but it was only a one time thing. I never really paid membership or did yoga on a weekly basis.

I've been trying out a lot of things on our Comcast with the different videos they have on Exercise TV. Yes, just like any girl, my new year's resolution is to get in shape! Mainly for health moreso than looks (ok ok, looks too). My mom and all my aunts went to my uncle's pharmacy two weeks ago to get their blood pressure and cholesterol and tryglycerides levels checked. I didn't want mine checked just yet cuz I've been eating badly recently... and also because I was too embarassed =P. Just the day before I ate pizza! So I told my uncle I'd exercise for a month and then get it checked. So anyway, with this exercise TV, I've been following Jillian Michaels for the most part. She's the trainer for those on The Biggest Loser, and if you've seen that show, you've seen some MAJOR results!

I've done the "30 Day Shred", "No More Trouble Zones", and "Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism" which were all about strengthening and cardio. They were great, but now they've been taken off Exercise TV. Now this new video came out... and she does yoga! I tried it yesterday and this morning and let me tell ya, I AM FEELING GREAT! I'm gonna stick with this for a while. You really feel your muscles (or in my case, flab!) tighten up and you can feel yourself getting leaner. I like it a lot.

So although my exercise and activeness (including tennis) is not so much to complain about, it's my eating habits that need a major change. That's so hard, because I freaking LOVE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

But I'm working on it. After all, it's almost bikini season! =D

0 comments: