"Smile. It's the first thing everybody likes about you."

Monday, March 1, 2010

Chi Doan's Baby Shower

I had a lot of fun today. Woke up this morning, went to Party City to buy a buncha helium balloons, drove all the way to Happy Valley (with balloons obstructing my review mirror!), and attended my cousin's baby shower! It was so much fun that I wish I did a better job at planning my sister's baby shower. Being that we ate dim sum made it even better. I love dim sum so much, it was my first time eating it in several several several months! Lots of people showed up and we had lots of fun games, raffle ticket drawings, and a delicious cake. This is her 3rd child now, so I guess you can say she's kinda "old"? haha most of her guests came with families of their own! The rest of us cousins sat at our own "kids table", which will forever be called the "kids table" no matter how old we'll get. Afterwards I went with Chi Doan to go to Emily's piano recital. Emily was the youngest one there and was the first to play. It was so cute watching the other kids dressed up in their Sunday's best, playing a 30 second song. I can't wait to watch my own kid's recital someday! So today was definitely an out-of-the-ordinary Sunday and I had a great day.

Later this evening, as we usually do every Sunday, Cu and I played tennis against Bob and Uyen. And as usual, we killed them! Well actually, every time it's always super close, but in the end, Cu and I win =D. We play so often now that just today I was thinking back of the time we first picked up a tennis racket as beginner level as possible. I was in 7th grade. I remember we used to bring out a whole basket of balls to hit back and forth cuz they'd always fly out the fence. Now we're able to just play with a can of balls. My tennis abilities (though not excellent), shows that practice makes perfect! (Well in my case, practice makes better!)

0 comments: