"Smile. It's the first thing everybody likes about you."

Friday, October 16, 2009

"a dream is a wish your heart makes"

I had a dream last night that I was woken up by a call around 7:30am and was told that Morehouse School of Medicine had decided to invite me to an interview. I WAS SO HAPPY!

Too bad it was just a dream. Now if only dreams come true... "a dream is a wish your heart makes"

I probably had that dream because Morehouse was on my mind. I visited Morehouse yesterday and talked to the director of admissions for about an hour. It was a great conversation and I ended in all smiles! I heard he doesn't have any role in decisions of acceptances or interviews though. This whole medical school application process is really tough. There are so many people in the same shoes I'm in. How could I possibly stand out when schools have just a 10% acceptance rate? I think it's just all about perseverance and believing in yourself. One day I'll get there. That's a promise.

0 comments: