"Smile. It's the first thing everybody likes about you."

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spring Rolls!

I made Goi Cuon for the first time on my own today. Goi Cuon is Vietnamese for spring rolls. Becca was just saying how she wanted to learn to make them. I don't know what carried me on the whim, but I decided to just go with her to Buford to show her how to buy ingredients and make them. I'm glad I did, cuz it was a yummy and fresh dinner tonight. I can't believe I actually pulled it off, cuz Philip says I'm not a really good cook hahaha. WELL HE JUST HASN'T SEEN ME REALLY TRY! =D Maybe it's just Vietnamese food I'm good at cooking because I understand the taste haha. My peanut-dipping sauce turned out soooo good too, it really surprised me! Making spring rolls isn't really cooking though so I guess I've yet to prove I can cook. Anyway...

First I boiled water to cook the vermicelli, pork, and shrimp



As the shrimp turned orange, I took them out



Vermicelli, drained, rinsed, and ready



Peeled the shrimp and took out the shrimp poop



Made the surprisingly good peanut-hoison dipping sauce



Got all the ingredients ready



Prepared to start rollin'



Did that about 15 times and voila!

1 comments:

tooga said...

omg that looked soo good!