I have all this time on my hands now and one of the main things I've really been working on is exercising and eating right. I've tried different forms of exercise and experimented with different workout equipments to find out favorite ones to work with. Currently I found that I love yoga, kick boxing, and sports as a form of exercise. I've also come to hate the tedious treadmill, elliptical, pilates, and weights. They're either too boring or too painful for me to bear haha. Anyway, last week when I was babysitting Emily, she kept wanting to do a jump rope contest. Being that I eat all day at their house, I took advantage of this chance to exercise. All my life, I've never really liked the way I jump roped. I've always took two jumps per one turn. I've always seen people jump once per turn and couldn't seem to be able to do it. Jump roping with Emily was the first time I jump roped in what seemed like years. It felt great! I made a note to myself to get myself a jump rope and get better at it!
I just found a jump rope laying around in the pantry and started to do some jumps. I asked my brother to jump rope and he jumped the "correct" way. So just 15 minutes ago, he taught me how to jump and now I finally know how to jump one jump per rope turn. I guess all this time I've been jumping too high (bending my knees)! Kinda weird, I mean.... did I really just learn how to jump rope? (I still don't even understand how double dutch works)
(I just looked on youtube because I wanted to try to find a video of how I used to jump and how I jump now, but instead I found a video of a dog jump roping! I want to teach Nala to jump rope!)
I also realized that there are so many things I don't know how to do. To this day, I still can't hoola-hoop, whistle, snap my fingers, or roll my R's. I can't even close my lips and blow and make that perpetual rumbling lips sound if anyone knows what I'm talking about. At least I can roll my tongue!...but that's a genetic thing.
My plan now's to master the jump rope and do cool tricks!!!
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment