"Smile. It's the first thing everybody likes about you."

Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm a Tutor Now

TutorExcel called me the other day to interview me to become a tutor in Biology. There is a female student, 9th grader, taking AP Biology and her concern is passing the AP Final Exam at the end of the year. Being that it's just 9th grade Biology (well, AP) and I, myself, have actually graduated with a degree in Biology, it shouldn't be hard at all, eh? I've actually never tutored before and I made sure to tell TutorExcel that. After meeting with me, they said they believed I could do it and said I'd make a good tutor for this student.

So I'm glad I have a job now. This is actually something I'd like to do before starting medical school. I've been jobless and not in school for 3 months now. After all the interviews, applications, and stressful waiting is over with, I'm finally able to do anything I want to do. Not only is the pay great, but this opportunity not only lets me help someone else, but it's actually a challenge for me to try to make some improvements in this girl. Do I think I can do it?

Well, I've frantically searched online for AP Biology Cliffs book to download haha. It's 419 pages. It's spring break next week and I start tutoring the week after. That gives me one week to finish that book to brush up on the details within Biology I. Whoo... so far I've gotten through the first 30 pages. At least all of it is review for me and I'm able to just skim. Afterall, I DID just take the MCAT not too long ago. This Biology stuff should be fresh on my mind. Why am I so scared?

Welp, goals are always nice to make. My goal is to get this girl a 5 on her AP exam! hah. Ah, well I'll just do the best I can.

0 comments: